Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to buy the same product per kg and sell the same product for units or linear meters?

By
Hernan Vazquez
on 10/25/14, 12:10 PM 1,545 views

The products are purchased per kg and sold by whole units, or fractionated per meter.
If I make the unit "unit x meters" and is assigned as the product UoS. When I try to sell the product by the meter, does not make me convert.
Is there a module that allows me to do this conversion?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 10/25/14, 2:22 PM

You have to do an UoM to Uos Conversion.

Question to read

The new unit - Category

New UoM Category

Product sale price & UoM

Product UoS & Coeff

The Purchase Order

The Sale Order

Where is the difference when using or not the UoS ?

Logically, we can sell or buy a product only after having created it. Thus the UoP and  UoS are created after and based on the UoM, and not the reverse.
Remember that, like the UoM, the UoS and UoP are also Units of Measure.

Now, if you really want to substitute the UoS to the UoM, you can try the following modules and see if you can get any suitable result.

Product Sales Unit of Measure

Product UOS for Purchase

Sale Order UoS Data Entry, Show Packing Info

I appreciate your time. The posting you quote is very clear, I had read. Pity that images can not be viewed. I understand the functionality of the coefficient on the "UoS". But I need to sell products only referring to the UoS. And the UoM will automatically calculated. For example if I create two products: 12.7 mm round bar. By 6 meters in length. Which weighs 5.963 kg -> coefficient = 0.1677 and 14.3 mm round bar. By 6 meters in length. Which weighs 7.950 kg -> coefficient = 0.1258 I also make the unit "bar x 6m" In view of Quotation. I add an item, select the product "Bar 12.7mm round." In the blue box "Quantity" appears by default [1] [kg] And in the box "Quantity (UoS)" [0.1677] [bar x 6 meters] If I change [0.1677] for the value [15] [bar x 6 meters] The box "quantity" holds the value [1] [kg] and I need to pass to get the value [89.445] [kg] 15 bars = 89.445 kg Also if I try to fractionate the bar. For example, selling 2.5 meters. I can not change the unit of measure in the "UoS Quantity" [2.5] box [m] I only permits. If I do the calculation previously outside the system. 2.5 m = 2.4846 kg And entry [2.4846] in the blue box "Quantity". After the system displays in the box "Quantity (UoS)" [0.4167] [bar x 6 meters] and only then I can change the value of UoS by [2.5] and UoS unit The unit of [m] I see this very complicated procedure, to my way of sales. It is easy to use if the pallet has 10 boxes with 60 units each. I hope I was clear with my explanation. Not fluent in English and use a translator online. Again I thank you for your time and the other readers.

Hernan Vazquez
on 10/25/14, 11:40 PM

I'm sorry. But I still, unable to see the images. In the line of order. The blue box "Quantity" is required. And the white box "Quantity (UoS)" allows values ​​that can not be proportional to the UoS. As the product is sold only thinking about the UoS. The box "Quantity (UoS)" should be blue = required.

Hernan Vazquez
on 10/26/14, 8:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/25/14, 12:10 PM
Seen: 1545 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM