Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to break up large product into components to sell some components off?

By
Marcio Valenzuela
on 4/10/16, 12:10 PM 293 views

I have a product that I didnt enter into my inventory because it was a personal item, a kit of electronic components.

However I was forced to sell a few components off from my kit because I didnt have them in stock.  So my inventory shows -1 for those 3 SKUs and Id like to source them from my personal kit.

How should I handle this?  I can calculate the cost of those 3 items without a problem, but I dont know how to enter them into my inventory and accounting.

fasluca
On 4/10/16, 11:59 PM

Follow these steps:

1- Break up your large product to small components and configure them as products and record their inventory, Now you can sell them as a single product

2- Configure your large product and set a BOM (type:set) for that.(With all the components),

Now you can sell your large product, But in delivery..components will be delivered..

The problem is you wont get the inventory status of your large product (Inventory recorded for components)

So the best way is really to do it manually, enter the parts and then sell them off.

Marcio Valenzuela
on 4/12/16, 9:18 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/16, 12:10 PM
Seen: 293 times
Last updated: 4/12/16, 9:18 AM