This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to block work orders from proceeding if the quality alert brought up has not been resolved yet. Work orders on Odoo are still allowed to proceed even though a quality check has failed or quality alert was made at that step.

Discard

Did you guyz found a solution for this?

Hello everyone. Was there any answer to this question ?

Got the same issue on 14... 

Anyone?

Best Answer

This is the purpose of the BLOCK action:

Manufacturing Order view:

Work Order view:

BLOCK Wizard:

You will then see an UNBLOCK button to indicate Users can proceed.

We have deliberately designed this so Users are the ones who decide when to BLOCK Work Orders and Users are the ones who decide how much work can continue (or if none can) while in the blocked state (rather than system logic that would not be flexible enough for everyone). 

Users are unable to COMPLETE a blocked Work Order, they need to click UNBLOCK.

Quality Alerts are used to communicate (if needed) to other Users (on a Quality Team) what needs to happen as a result of what was discovered during manufacturing.

Discard

Is there a way to only block some MOs rather than the whole work center? An assembly could be stopped for quality issues for instance but the work center having a capacity of more than 1 could still be used. I believe it used to work this way in previous Odoo versions but I don't see that option anymore.
Any tip? Thanks!

You could add your own custom boolean field to either the Manufacturing Order or the Work Center to manage something that isn't specific to all Manufacturing Orders needing that Work Center.