Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
In OpenERP V7, the Social Network module introduces an unified messaging system based on a subscription mechanism. What are the different ways of becoming a follower ? Are there any automatic subscription mechanism ?
Here are the different mechanisms to become a follower in OpenERP v7:
- the Follow button on documents
- you can invite partners to become followers of a document by clicking on the Invite button
- the creator of a document is automatically added in the followers
- the author of an incoming email (i.e. through the mail gateway) is automatically added as a follower of the related document, if the author is a known partner
- using the automatic creation checkbox in OpenChatter to reply to an unknown email address. For example, a lead is created because someone wrote to sales@yourdomain. The email address is not associated to a partner. When replying to the customer, there will be a checkbox asking you if you want to create a partner with this email address, that will be added as follower to the document, as shown on following figure
- in lead, opportunity, task, issue and recruitment, the responsible of the document (Salesman, Assigned To) is automatically added as follower
- following a sales team will make you follower of all lead associated with this sales team
- following a project will make you follower of all tasks or issues associated with this project
The following 2 modules significantly expand standard Odoo followers' functionality:
https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/compoze_no_auto_subscribe/ - exclude default following of the object by recipients but let to do it manually
https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/internal_thread/ - allow sending a message to selected users but not sending them to the followers (of any subscrption group)