Odoo Help

How to append a domain with "|" to existing domain?

By
samba
on 7/23/14, 7:03 AM 1,598 views

This domain probelm in a function not in view.

domain_before=(('type', '=', 'purchase')) is there, i want to append one more domain domain_append_1=('type','=','general') with "|" operator using domain.append() function.

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 7/23/14, 8:01 AM

Purchase Order xml file override and add your domain and also python init file add depends purchase module.

Example,

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="purchase_order_domin_form">
    <field name="name">purchase.order.form.domain</field>
    <field name="model">purchase.order</field>
    <field name="inherit_id" ref="purchase.purchase_order_form"/>
    <field name="arch" type="xml">
      <xpath expr="//field[@name='pricelist_id']" position="replace">
        <field domain="['|',('type','=','purchase'),('type','=','general')]" name="pricelist_id" groups="product.group_purchase_pricelist" on_change="onchange_pricelist(pricelist_id, context)"/>
      </xpath>
     </field>
</record>

Thank you Prakash, This domain probelm in a function not in view. domain_before=(('type', '=', 'purchase')) is there, i want to append one more domain domain_append_1=('type','=','general') with "|" operator using domain.append() function. Please tell me the way

samba
on 7/23/14, 10:07 AM

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 7/23/14, 10:57 PM

You can override search method of your target model. Then you can save existing target domain, remove from domain list. You need to delete because string '|' need to append in the begining of domain list. Append string '|' in domain list. After this you can append your desired domain tuple and the existing one sequentially.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/14, 7:03 AM
Seen: 1598 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM