Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to allow users to be able to only edit task work on a task

By
Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 4/7/13, 6:35 PM 957 views

Hi, I try to allow "Project user" to have edit access to "Project Task work (Object project.task.work)" but read-only access to "Task fields" (Project, planned hours, assigned to etc.)(Object (project.task)).

If I configure it that way in user access group, the edit it's no longer available then no access to "Project task work". Any idea of solve that?

Thanks

Maxime Chambreuil
On 4/8/13, 11:58 PM

I would create:

• a new menu item
  • a tree view of project.task.work
  • a form view of project.task.work

Your users would be able to create task work, but they would need to select the task.

Thanks for your answer, the problem I saw with that approach is that the ergonomic will be changed significantly :(

Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 4/9/13, 10:42 AM

I agree with you. The other solution would be to put all the task fields readonly while editing the task and adding task work.

Maxime Chambreuil
on 4/9/13, 1:11 PM

How this can be done?

Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 4/9/13, 1:59 PM

Thanks Maxime, with that I solved my first problem (see How can we block the editing of planned hours in a task), I will post my implantation for this question later this week.

Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 4/16/13, 7:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/7/13, 6:35 PM
Seen: 957 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM