Odoo Help

How to add time difference on datetime object in Email Template ?

By
HappyOdoo
on 1/18/16, 2:51 AM 1,188 views

Is it possible to change datetime in Email Template?  

Example:
${object.date_start} here time is coming 2015-04-13 12:00:41 .
i want to add time difference +05:30 then which should come as 2015-04-13 17:30:41. 
object is used for Email Template.

2015-04-13 12:52:41

Nilesh Sheliya
On 1/18/16, 4:33 AM

yes, It is possible to change datetime in email template. Please use the below code sample in your email template. It will work.

${(datetime.datetime.strptime(object.date_start,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S') + relativedelta(hours=5,minutes=30)).strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')} 

Above code will add +05:30 in date_start datetime.

Sandeep Sarode
On 3/18/16, 11:04 AM

Hey Nilesh,

Thanks much. This really worked for me. I just replaced the body_html code at four places in the meeting invite email template, with your code and it works great.

Existing code:

${object.event_id.get_interval(object.event_id.start, 'dayname', tz=object.partner_id.tz)}

Replaced with your sample code:

${object.event_id.get_interval(((datetime.datetime.strptime(object.event_id.start,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S') + relativedelta(hours=5,minutes=30)).strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')), 'dayname', tz=object.partner_id.tz)}

Basically replace "object.event_id.start" with 

"((datetime.datetime.strptime(object.event_id.start,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S') + relativedelta(hours=5,minutes=30)).strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'))"

First instance is for 'dayname', the other is for 'day', next for 'month' and finally 'time'.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/18/16, 2:51 AM
Seen: 1188 times
Last updated: 3/21/16, 5:02 AM