This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How to add serial no with each order line or total order lines in Point of sale receipt? Is it possible to add grand total for product quantity in POS sales receipt? examples are sr. description qty. price total 1: cock 5 5 25 2: Sprite 3 5 25 or Descri qty. price total cock 5 5 25 Sprite 3 5 25 Total Items=8 or total order lines=2

Discard

how to add a discount field many2one tax field in pos openerp7 already working discount and tax but i dont want that i need to add manually and calculate the total

More and more I'm having to throw money at OpenERP for every little thing. You're out of luck with the out-of-the-box. My advice, if you need to sell serial numbers and not products, then you need to use a different ERP. OpenERP is not built to support companies who sell serial numbers and not just products. Shame because it's a basic building block of any company who sells electronic equipment and it is a true crime to ignore these types of companies since there are so many. This feature should have been fleshed out when they tried adding serial numbers in the first place.

Sean: Serial number management at the item level is available. You need to activate the 2 first checkboxes in Settings > Warehouse; then create a new incoming shipment, receive the products, split in several serial numbers and that's where your traceability by serial starts. Using incoming shipments as the start is just an example; splitting a stock move in serial numbers is available in several places in the system.

Best Answer

As I have been considering the value of adding the serial number to an item on the receipt, I have looked into this... It does not seem that the POS software currently allows choosing a serial number natively, one would need to either add a field and manually insert the value or it could also be a done with a custom db lookup, though anyway it cuts you will have to make some changes to the current setup by working with the source code.

You can do this in code by inheritance and adding what you need (normally there would be an 'or using the developer mode') unfortunately the developer mode options are a bit different in the POS setup so your best option would be creating a custom module to do this.

For anyone wanting a pointer in the right direction have a look at

addons/point_of_sale/report/pos_receipt.py

addons/point_of_sale/report/pos_receipt.rml

addons/point_of_sale/report/pos_receipt.sxw

Hope this helps.

Discard