This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, I am working on AWS unbuntu server and new to the platform.  I want to know is it possible to add a custom module on AWS for further use of the application?. 

Discard

Please complete your question or elaborate it.

Best Answer

It is possible and it works the same way as adding on your own server at home.

Steps to add a custom module to an odoo installation:

1. Create a custom /addons directory in your filesystem (recommended) or use the default /addons directory of odoo (not recommended)

2. Assure the same access rights as for the default /addons directory

3. Add the path to your custom /addons directory in the openerp-server.conf file

4. Upload your module to that directory

5. Log in to odoo with a user who has "Technical features" access rights

6. In Settings update your module list

7. Install your module in the database of your choice

8. Give me an upvote for my answer :-)

As you can see, there is nothing special concerning an AWS instance, it is the same for any installation.

Discard
Author

Thanks Ermin. Can you please elaborate that the way of doing this?

Do you have any idea about how to install a custom module at all? See the amendment of my answer.

Author

I konw that how to install a custom module in Odoo on localhost not on AWS platform. I just want to know that , how to install it while working on AWS through terminal window? How to upload a custom module in /addons directory?

You need a sFTP client for up- and downloading files to/from the server. I for myself feel quite comfortable with FileZilla. Do not forget to add a corresponding security rule to your security group. In my case I have added "All TCP" restricted to my local client's IP address only.

Author

Thanks Ermin. Really helped me.