Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add an extra kanban_state for project tasks or issues / How to edit the kanban_state_selection widget

By
George Rodopoulos
on 7/17/14, 6:37 PM 2,096 views

In my company we need to know if a task/issue is currently in progress or on hold so we would like to have the following kanban states:

1. On hold
  2. In progress
  3. Blocked
  4. Ready for next stage

Ideally I would like to create a custom module for that purpose but, as a first step, it would be ok to find which files should be modified in order to make such an addition.

Here:

'kanban_state': fields.selection([('normal', 'Normal'),('blocked', 'Blocked'),('done', 'Ready for next stage')], 'Kanban State',

in https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/project_issue/project_issue.py#L247
I think I found a starting point in order to create the extra option for project issues.

Then, I searched for the file that controls the related views and I found this:

<field name="kanban_state" class="oe_inline" widget="kanban_state_selection"/>

for the form view here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/master/addons/project_issue/project_issue_view.xml#L56
and for the kanban view here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/master/addons/project_issue/project_issue_view.xml#L221

I can see that a 'widget' is called but from this point some help would save me enough time. Where can I find the code for that 'widget' ?

Which files should I look in order to add an extra kanban_state?

--------------------------------------

Edit: Beware! I'm asking for the kanban_state which is something different from the project stages which you can change from configuration options.

Hello Nicolas, Thanks for your answer but I think you misunderstood me. I don't want to add an extra STAGE. I need an extra STATE like 'blocked', 'ready for next stage' etc.

George Rodopoulos
on 7/18/14, 6:02 AM

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 7/18/14, 3:36 AM

Hello, to do this, just add some stage on project task with:

1- Project -> Configuration -> stages -> task stages

2- You can set stage folded by default on kanban view. 

You can select stage you want to use project by project with:

And that is.

thanks,

Hello Nicolas, Thanks for your answer but I think you misunderstood me. I don't want to add an extra STAGE. I need an extra STATE like 'blocked', 'ready for next stage' etc.

George Rodopoulos
on 7/19/14, 5:47 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/17/14, 6:37 PM
Seen: 2096 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM