This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hello.

I have an inconsistent internet connection . as well as I have nearly 15 transaction per hour . having that inconsistent internet connection is customer losing . Since I can do nothing about the connection , my best solution as far as I can see is to make the module partially offline . Same as what is used in POS . but I have really no Idea how to implement such function to my module since it is never been done before as far as my research told me at least for the projects that are available to be accessed .

So , What are your thoughts ?    

thank you for your time

Discard
Best Answer

I think the POS module only save sale order in the browser cache, which mean that if you refresh the page, sale orders will be lost.

If you want to achieve the same thing, you'd have to manage your datas in javascript. When you finish "something", send the datas to odoo. If you don't get a response, then store the data, and periodically try to send them to odoo until you succeed.

I think you should also create something that could export those data to something more reliable than browser cache. I did not think a lot about this, but being able to export your data to a CSV file for example could be great. If you lose your connection, you export what could not be synchronized with the server, and you'll be able to import them later :)    

Discard
Best Answer

I can not answer your question but I offer you visit this search by if he can find something related to your problem http://www.odoo-code-search.com/

Discard