This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Is there any good document available for point of sale??? please suggest me.

Thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Flow for the Point of Sale in OpenERP is like,
- Select products from Point of Sale,
- Select your payment method i.e. (cash, bank, etc..)
- Validate Order so it will generate POS Order in the backend.
- There will be POS Order menu.
- Now you can close POS Interface or you can check from another TAB/Browser that POS Order for your products has been created.
- From this order, you can do process for invoices and can select customer from here also.

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Mail: info@acespritech.com

Discard
Author

Thank you for Replying but I want to know fully functional of point of sale.so is there any ebook or any other documents ??

Best Answer

There is a project on kickstarter to fund these improvements, including the documentation: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opensource-your-shop

Discard

Fabien, did we get some docs based on the above? That's a bit time already, so maybe the docs are in someone's computer? It would be nice to know how to add payment terminal, payment method for it, payment acquirer in it and the credit card as a payment method in the right way. The POS hardware doc is not focused on this part at all just saying that you can connect a payment terminal as well and linking the two modules (hw and POS).

Author Best Answer

Thank you for Replying but I want to know fully functional of point of sale.so is there any ebook or any other documents ??

Discard

If you know French, you may get something out of here: http://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/odoo7-tutoriel-configuration-point-of-sale-fr/ Since I'm not good at French, I'm also searching info what is the right way to add credit card in POS, but the task is rendering impossible since there are no replies from the community (apparently people do not know), Odoo people are obviously too busy to answer unless you pay a partnership fee to get the answer for this question (I understand that they can't answer for everything) but a good documentation or just writing a translation in English from this French source above would help people to help themselves. Anyone that could do a translation?

Best Answer

Hi, I have also been looking for a fully functional document for point of sale especially for v7 of open ERP. has someone gotten one and they can share. thank you.

Discard