Odoo Help

How is this page generated ../page/website.contactus? (odoo 8.0 on ubuntu 14.04)

By
Dariusz Newecki
on 1/22/15, 7:46 PM 1,423 views

Dear,

I wanted to edit some of html of "../page/website.contactus" using HTML editor and I fubarized it... I pasted google maps cords in wrong place and now I get:

500: Internal Server Error

invalid syntax (, line 1)

How can I change it back to default?

kind regards,

Darek

@Dariusz "website" module try to upgrate default contactus template ID Created in Website module and "website_crm" module contactus inherited.

Prakash
on 1/23/15, 5:45 AM

I updated my answer

Prakash
on 1/23/15, 5:49 AM

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 1/23/15, 2:08 AM

"website" module default contactus template  createde and "website_crm" module contactus inherited.

In Odoo try to update the website and  website_crm module (using setting --> Modules search website module and upgrate) after that you get default website.contactus page.  If you have contactus page edited using odoo interface i think after updating the website and website_crm module issue will fix.

This method worked for me.

Markl
on 4/8/15, 9:25 PM
Yves
On 4/16/15, 3:06 PM

go to the Backend, then:  settings > technicals >user interface > views

there You have to looking for the template with ID website.contactus. there you can edit it and correct the error

Dariusz Newecki
On 1/23/15, 5:29 AM

@Prakash

Thats what I did tried at first... tho I sill got same problem... which means that module does not overwrite someting by upgrade... I did uninstall it and reinstall it again, same result... stoping starting server did not helped either...

@Luke Branch

You totaly lost me in there... 

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 6 7 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 1/22/15, 9:43 PM

@Dariusz,

I'd recommend going to the runbots:

runbot.odoo.com

and logging into an 8.0 instance. Just go back to the contact us page once you've logged in (login: admin passwd: admin). You should just be able to go where you where before and copy paste the original back in place.

For editing using the HTML editor, please note you are using a mixture of XHTML, and QWeb markup.

For any customisations if you are on a localling installed instance rather than an Odoo.com hosted instance i'd recommend building a simple module that inherits the view and changes the parts you would like to change. Using this method it is much easier to roll-back changes, you simply uninstall your simple custom module that has applied the changes to that view.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/22/15, 7:46 PM
Seen: 1423 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 3:06 PM