This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear OpenERP,

my company is using Open ERP V7.

I am wondering whether it would be possible to include different items on the same manufacturing order or can you just produce one product per MO?

For example, I want produce 10 boxes of product A, 15 boxes of product B and 20 boxes of product C and all of those items work with different BOM's. When I raise a manufacturing I am only able to produce one product at the time. Is this correct?

I work with food products and we repack bulk materials in smaller consumer units at one dedicated co packer so it would definitely be benificial if I could include for example 10 products on the same manufacturing order in order to avoid a lot of paperwork and flows of information.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Barry

Discard
Best Answer

If you want to manufacture product P, then first create BoM for the product P. For example P needs products A, B and C and A needs D and E, product B needs F then first create BoM for product A with D and E and BoM for B with product F. Set the BoM type as normal. Then create BoM for product P with products A, B, C. Now create manufacturing order for product P. Yo can see product A, B and C has been added in the product list. If you confirm, then 2 new manufacturing orders for product A and B will be created. If you dont want to create new manufacturing order after confirmation or want to add all the sub products of A and B to main product P, then goto the BoM of P and set the BoM type of product A and Product B to phantom.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply and help. I do not understand how this change would enable me to add more than one product to a production order? I currently can raise one manufacturing order for one product. After that I can either choose to confirm production or cancel production. I will like to add different products with different BOM's on the same production order. It might be that this functionality doesn't exist in Open ERP (I have experience in SAP not OpenERP). I hope my question is clear.

sorry, I misunderstood. I have updated my answer

Author

Thanks again for your input however I don't believe I can use your solution. My situation is the following and slightly less complicated: Product P needs A, Product Q needs B and Product R needs C. BOM's have created for each of those products however please note that product P,Q and R are not related in any way. Can I still raise ONE manufacturing order for product P, Q and R?