This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hallo! I have the version 7.0-20130114-.. installed and now is the question how I can update to the last version 7.0-20130228? The update in the web interface say, there is no update, but it is not the last version. How i can update it manualy?

Thank you, Marcus

Discard

How have you done the installation? Source? .deb?

Best Answer

Supposing you are using Windows, all you need to do is to install the newer version in the same folder where you installed the old version, as the installer will overwrite the old files.

Be sure to choose the same exact directory and not to install Postgres.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the fast answer! I have forgotten to say it is installed on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system. I used to install the OpenERP tar.gz package. It is a nightly build and I have used this installation instuction: theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/ I have downloaded the tar.gz, extract this on the right place and changed the permissions. It works fine, but I don't no, if I can copy the new version over the old. I donn't think so, but ...

Thanks from Berlin

Discard

I wouldn't extract over the top of the existing files, any files that have been removed between versions would still exist on your system. Although it shouldn't cause any problems, they are files that don't need to be there.

For the sake of sanity down the track it'd be worth renaming the existing directory to openerp.old (or similar) and extracting the sources.

From there I'm stuck, I use the .deb

Author

I renamed the folder and extract the new version to the original place with the original folder name and it works without any problems! Thanks

If I started with tar.gz, can I switch to .deb? With the .deb packages should be a little bit easier, I think so.

Best Answer

I guess you would want to achieve the OpenERP is covered by your 'apt-get dist-upgrade' routine. I think that means you need to make sure you source would be added to your sources.lst (not 100% if that is still the place to have listed your installation sources). Maybe somebody else can comment on that and give more infos on how to do that.

here somebody suggests to use the launchpad repository for installation. It is mentioned that would be helpful regarding updates. This is not explained in detail really but I guess it might be related to the above?

Discard

I wouldn't use the lauchpad repository in my sources.list. At this point there is no stable v7 and you probably don't want to be updating Ubuntu and get an unplanned update to OpenERP.

We manually download the openerp_7.0-latest-1_all.deb on a regular basis, test it in a dev environment, reapply any fixes and patches we want that are awaiting merging. And testing again before repeating the process in production.