Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How i can get-back my lost password ?

By
kathan
on 2/5/13, 10:39 AM 10,331 views

suppose, if i lost password of admin user then how can i retrieve it? because their is no option show to get it back like "forget your password or lost your password" even after filed login.

Thanks for reply, but is their any alternate solution when end user can do the same without any technical knowledge?

kathan
on 2/5/13, 11:25 AM

which version of OpenERP are you using?

Camptocamp France SAS, Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 2/5/13, 11:45 AM

i need solution for both version V6 & V7

kathan
on 2/6/13, 9:49 AM

it wouldn't be very good if there was! You might be able to get the password through XMLRPC, but I think they are now encrypted (or hashed rather) so you might only be able to reset the password rather than retrieve it

Alan Bell
on 2/6/13, 5:37 PM

kathan: I updated my answer with how to configure OpenERP 7 to enable what you want. If you already lost your password, it's too late though, and you'll have to hire a someone to reset things for you, or ask your service provider to do this for you if you don't control your installation.

on 2/8/13, 4:49 AM

Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp

--Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp--
| 5 6 8
Le Bourget-du-Lac, France
--Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp--

Alexandre has been working on Odoo at Camptocamp since 2012 as a project manager and technical lead. He is an active actor in the Odoo Community (github projects, mailing lists, IRC...), and wants to build a better ecosystem for Odoo developers. He is a member of the Odoo Community Association board and an active contributor to the OCA projects.

Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
On 2/5/13, 10:53 AM

If you have access to the database, you can read it with the following SQL query:

select password from res_users where login='admin';

On the other hand, if you have admin access to OpenERP (which requires having the password, which may be too late for you...) you can go to Settings -> Configuration -> General settings, and in the "Portal Access" section, check the "Enable password reset from login page" option. Then you will get a "reset password" link from the login page which will send a link by email to the email address linked with the user attempting to log in, if you have also configured the email gateway. This works in V7.

Sorry, I had not noticed Christophe Simonis answer saying basically the same thing as my edited answer.

on 2/8/13, 4:51 AM

The SQL query will work only if 'Password Encryption' module is not installed, otherwise result will be encrpyted (and hence not useful).

Jibin
on 2/11/13, 12:45 AM

To do it through one command line just type sudo -u openerp psql --dbname <database> --command "select password from res_users where login='admin';".

Jairo Llopis
on 12/12/13, 12:51 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/5/13, 2:45 PM

In OpenERP 7, go to Settings > Users and select the user you want to reset the password for. You will see a button labeled "Reset password" in the top right corner that will send an email to the email address of the user with a new password.
An email smtp server needs to be set up in OpenERP for this to work.

He lost the admin user's password, so he can't connect.

Camptocamp SA, Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp
on 2/8/13, 3:37 AM

Since version 7.0 this functionality is provided by the module auth_signup.

Once installed you need to go to Settings > General Settings and check the option Enable password reset from Login page.

As Fabrice said, you need to have a outgoing email server configured.

Jibin
On 2/11/13, 12:49 AM

Reset password, even if Email is not configured.

In OpenERP 7, go to Settings > Users and select the user you want to reset the password for. In the top click on More -> Change Password.

But this can be done only after login.

Geetha
On 8/19/16, 7:20 AM

how can i provide reset password button on landing page  for odoo9 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/13, 10:39 AM
Seen: 10331 times
Last updated: 8/19/16, 7:20 AM