This question has been flagged
9 Replies

The karma system seems to be a black box that give you new forum powers but how does it work?

Discard
Author Best Answer

The default values are stored in this python code for version 8 and are editible for each forum you create in the odoo back-end under Messaging | Forums.

Karma Gained/Loss By:

•     2   Asking A New Question (Temporarily disabled because of spammers)
  •     2   Accepting An Answer
  •     5   Upvote of Your Question
  •   10   Upvote of Your Answer
  •   15   Your Answer Accepted
  •    -2   Downvote of Your Question/Answer
  • -100  Your Answer Flagged (Not implemented in code yet)

Karma needed to:

•      1   Edit Your Own Question
  •      3   Ask/Answer a Question (Raised to prevent spam)
  •      3   Comment On Your Own Posts
  •      5   Comment On Any Posts
  •      5   Upvote A Question/Answer
  •     20   Accept Your Own Answer
  •     20   Linking Image Files
  •     20   Creating Clickable Links
  •     50   Downvote A Question/Answer
  •     50   Convert Your Own Comment <-> Question
  •     50   Delete Your Own Comment
  •     75   Adding Tags to Your Own Questions
  •   100   Close Your Own Question
  •   300   Edit Any Question
  •   500   Close Any Question
  •   500   Delete Your Own Question
  •   500   Accept Any Answer
  •   500   Convert Any Comment <-> Question
  •   500   Delete Any Comment
  •   500   Flagging A Question (Not implemented in code yet)
  • 1000   Delete Any Question
  • 1000   View More Than The Last 20 Questions/Answers (Limit for performance)
Discard

Hi Stephen. Do you know if there is any karma related rule for adding inline images? I tried to insert an image like in this: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/the-chosen-company-is-not-in-the-allowed-companies-for-this-user-2886 ...but with no luck.

Author

I think it Linking Files. However for now this forum has a bug that will allow you to post clickable links and inline images at any karma level. Just use a gmail editor to add the links and images then copy and paste it into the forum. This bug has been fixed in v8 RC1.

Author

Odoo upgraded their website today to v8rc1 and now the karma values listed above are in effect.

I have changed all the values in forum.py to zero (in the _defaults map). Also changed the text of description. But this has no effect on the forum page after a refresh, not even after a server restart. How to change the karma defaults and the description of the forum?

Author

These are the defaults that are loaded into the database. To change the values on your own forum, enter the odoo backend and click Messaging | forums | | [Edit]

This should be updated, when you ask a new question you will no longer get a +2 for karma. As you can see here https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/website_forum/models/forum.py on line 84.

Author

You are correct. There are a lot of changes going on in the forum software. I will re-evaluate it and fix my answer. Thanks

Author

A new karma goal has been added for 1000 karma points. Now users with more than 1000 karma points will be able to see all answers not just the last 20.