Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you specify the stock location for a warehouse in Odoo 8?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 10/3/14, 1:53 PM 4,038 views

This page of the OpenERP community book, which says it's for Version 8, shows the warehouse edit form and how to specify the stock location for a warehouse.  Is it really not for Odoo 8?  I do not see those options in my warehouse edit screen!  I have turned on the "Manage multiple warehouses and locations" setting in the configuration.

How can you set a stock location for a warehouse in Odoo 8?

Fekete Mihai
On 10/3/14, 2:07 PM

In v8 when you create a warehouse it will vreate directly the stock location plus the picking types for incoming, internal and outgoing and as far as i know it in view they are specified as readonly.

The V8 documentation says (http://openerpbook.com/warehouse/5_14_Stock_inv.html) A warehouse is defined by a link between three locations: ......................... You are strongly advised not to put this location within the stock hierarchy but instead at a higher level or at the same level. This last sentence is highly ambigious; more explanations are necessary.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 10/3/14, 3:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/3/14, 1:53 PM
Seen: 4038 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM