Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I run pentaho report from a Button?

By
Peter Marriott
on 9/28/15, 3:28 AM 911 views

I would like to run a pentaho report from a button within a form view (openERP 7.0).  Are there any examples out there of this so I can get an idea of what steps should be taken? i.e. what actions should be created and what should be placed in the xml and py files. 

Dimitrios Tanis
On 10/2/15, 6:03 PM

In your XML View definition put:

<button name=print_report" string="Print" type="object">

In your class definition add a new method:

def print_report(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None): 
        return { 'type': 'ir.actions.report.xml', 'report_name': 'my.report.name',
             'nodestroy' : True
        }

Your report action XML should be like:

<record id="my_report" model="ir.actions.report.xml">
			<field name="name">my report name</field>
			<field name="report_name">my.report.name</field>
			<field name="model">report.model</field>
			<field name="auto" eval="False"/>
                        <field name="is_pentaho_report" eval="True"/> <field name="pentaho_report_model_id" ref="module.model_report_model"/> <field name="pentaho_report_output_type">pdf</field> <field name="pentaho_filename">module/report/my_report.prpt</field> <field name="pentaho_load_file" eval="True"/> </record

Button @name and print method should have the same name

Also report_name should be the same in method and report action XML

Be very careful setting pentaho_report_model_id. Format is: module name with no spaces + ".model_" + report model with dots converted to underscores

This worked for me fine. Once minor amendment to the xml view -

Peter Marriott
on 3/24/16, 5:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/28/15, 3:28 AM
Seen: 911 times
Last updated: 3/24/16, 5:47 AM