This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I am trying to confirm payment on an invoice when I hit confirm I get an warning message "Entries are not of the same account!" I believe its a set up issue but I don't know where to start could someone assist me?

Discard

"Attempting to Confirm Payment on Invoice" is not a great choice for a question. I edit your title to be an actual question, one that people don't have to open to see what is happening when you are "Attempting to Confirm Payment on Invoice" - that describes what you are doing, not the problem you are having. Hope this gets you more views/answers.

Great thanks I appreciate that.

Best Answer

Untick ALLOW RECONCILLATION under chart of account of your invoice product ,taxes.

Discard
Best Answer

This issue can be replicated easily when handling vendor bill payment... If you add a tax of 2 different scopes with two corresponding different account types... For example in my case, I added a 15% Purchase Tax (paid to an Current Asset COA,  111200 - Tax Paid)  and I also added a -10% Withholding Tax (paid to a Payable Account I set up, tied to the COA, 220223 - WHT payable) ..... This configuration will generate an error, because the Withholding Tax account is a Payable Account instead of a Current Liability Account. This will happen anytime you mix a Payable Account with a receivable or Expense Transaction. If this was your case, Change the tax account type from Payable to Current Liabilities OR from Receivable to Current Assets... This will fix the issue immediately. You should now be able to Validate and Register Payments after this. 

If this answer wasn't helpful, please describe your current operation so I can be of further assistance. 

Discard

Thanks, this worked.

Thanks its solve my problem also ...

Resolved. thanks

Best Answer

In my case the receivable account in journal entry was not as the same as in the invoice itself , an accountant has modified the journal entry manually without updating the receivable account related to the invoice

Discard
Best Answer

Hello! I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

My version is 10.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello! I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution? (I don't have enough karma to comment)

Discard
Best Answer

Check the counter account on your payment journal or your payment template.

Discard
Best Answer

Tamara is on the right track with the answer. But I will just add that not only taxes are involved. In my case an item on the invoice was set to an account type "Payable". An another item was expenses.  There was no warning, until the error message to register payment came up. 

To correct it all items on the invoice was set to Expenses and the tax account was "Current liabilities".  Then it worked OK.

Discard