This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What is the correct way to remove a single cell from a 4 cellesingle row table based on a condition? (I want to remove the third cell).

I have the following formula that is supposed to print "Great Client" if the word "Great" is located within the client name:

(so.partner_id.name.find('Great') > 0) and "Great Client" or removeParentNode('td')

It works fine when the condition is met, but I get an error message when it isn't, i.e. when it hits the removeParentNode('td'):

(<type 'exceptions.AssertionError'>, AssertionError(), <traceback object at 0x7fdae4b7e248>)

How is it possible to remove a single cell from a single row table?

Discard

you need to post all the code in the module to get a good answer.

Author

The trml2pdf.py file is over 1000 lines long, do you really want me to post it? Please understand that my formula rests within a dynamic report developed in OpenOffice writer.

Best Answer

Maybe you declared the with of every row in the <blocktable> tag? Than the node needs to be there.

Why don't let it free if condition doesn't met?

(so.partner_id.name.find('Great') > 0) and "Great Client"

Discard
Author

From OpenOffice Writer I can't control where the width is stored. The reason why I don't leave it empty is that I simply want to remove the third cell out of 4 and therefore reduce the overall width of the table.

Oh sorry, my answer doesn't apply to Reportcreation with OpenOffice. I use a texteditor to alter the .rml files by hand.