This question has been flagged
3 Replies

We have asp.net application(C#.Net), We want to integrate OpenERP community version with my existing application. I've already download the source, How do I integrate ?

Discard
Author

we've some modules like Sales, Purchase, Shopping Cart, Customer. These modules we are planning to sync with OpenERP

Best Answer

What do you mean by integrate? Are you wanting to build a seperate C# system, attached to the OpenERP system?

The database is a PostgreSQL database, on C# I am not sure what you would use, be it a DSN or whatever. I would check out the PostgreSQL website and I am sure there will be a C# driver.

The language used by OpenERP is Python, if you want to extend the existing system I'd start looking at the development docs online.

But if you can give us an indication of what you mean or plan to do, we may be able to help further.

Discard
Best Answer

You have to write a custom module that will open the other database and allow communication.

Without knowing more details a good explanation cannot be given, but it should be trivial to get the information into openERP from your application.. Ensuring the two databases remained synchronized is not trivial.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello.

You'll have to develop C# code and Python code to connect both of them. It doesn't matter what you want to do joining both systems there is no native functionality that connects C# with OpenERP

Discard
Author

Thanks for answer, it seems like if we setup for products in OpenERP we'll have to develop code to sync the product in our application and also if in our application any changes in product we'll have to develop the logic in OpenERP to sync. Am I right ?