This question has been flagged
16 Replies

Been trying to use this forum for a long time, completely frustrated because I only had 2 karma for some reason and could never ask a question... Some of you may be having the same question too...

HOW TO GET KARMA???

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

To get karma initially, you can complete the odoo e learning courses , upon completing each courses, there will some quizz, upon doing it you will be getting karma points, if you complete all the courses and quizzes you will be having around 10k + karma's.

https://www.odoo.com/slides

Also once you reach certain mile stones, you can claim the rewards like Odoo Mug and Scale Up game for free.

Watch:  Join Odoo Courses and Get Karma, Odoo Mug and Business Game

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for providing this information.  I am not new to the forum, but somehow after posting one question a couple years ago, I ended up with 2 karma and was not able to interact with the forum at all... this was very frustrating because there was no info for how to get my karma back since I couldn't do anything at all...

I figured out the solution... maybe it's a hack,  but O-well... it worked...  I just had to make an account with another email and then upvote my old question so I could post again... If anyone is having the same issue, there you go!

Upvote my stuff if this helped you!  I will return the favor... That is what karma is all about :-)

Discard
Best Answer

I guess I need to make that too. If "this platform is for beginners" how beginner would know anwser to someone else's question if he is beginner. This makes no sense.

Discard

I know right ? First time I met this issue I was wondering how people do to communicate easily. You can't answer the comment, you can't approve the right answer (I got a post that someone else said it's the right answer while it's wasn't ??) You can't respond to a comment. Not surprising to see some people asking about odoo in other forum.

Best Answer

Everyone upvote each others answers here and maybe we can start using this forum. It is a very restricted forum and I think it slows the community growth. Rather than relying on upvotes, they should trust downvotes.

Discard
Best Answer

I agree...  But now I am addicted to karma... I just can't stop!   I wish this wasn't a factor... when I came here I had a real question, now I am on a quest to maximize my Karma!

Discard
Author

Good to know... I have enough karma to do what I need now. I will be good!

Best Answer

I am a karma farmer. It ain't much but it's honest work.

Seriously, I need karma to post my questions. 

Discard
Best Answer

I am highly frustrated by this as an enterprise user. I am paying for this software and yet I am not given access to the forum and community help. I'm simply told to "Read the Guideline" and at least as of December 2022 the guidelines do not contain the work "Karma" anywhere. 

Not a good start for a paying customer Odoo... 

Discard

It is horrible, I know. You can go to https://www.odoo.com/slides to find resources. You can simply do a quiz about domain names with two questions without watching the video and that should be enough to do something on the forum :)

Best Answer

Can i get some karma :) ? 

Need to post a question I struggled all day long my friends

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 
can you help me import product notes by Excel into Odoo 13. I talked to Odoo and they tell me they don't have that field enabled for import. 
Is it possible to enable it? How is it done?

Image: https://ibb.co/55NbvH3

Discard
Best Answer

I also need karma!  Please!!!

Discard
Best Answer

I also need three Karma to Post a Question... Help me, please :(

Discard
Best Answer

This is a weird restriction for a support forum... as someone else said, it is just slowing the community growth down.

Discard
Best Answer

20 karma is insane for a beginner... why not 10 or something more reasonable. I'm trying to learn, but can't even post my problem because I need to post an image of the odoo ui to explain myself... I can't post a link to the image either. 

Anyways please help me get karma so i can post an image of my ui problem and finally start using this forum!

Discard
Best Answer

This is really frustrating that you have to have someone upvote your questions and answer to get the karma. It is really difficult to solve the problem regarding the odoo when you have to wait for someone to give you karma. its been reallly difficult for me to use this forum and ultimately odoo you cannot simply ask questions here because of karma. 

Anyway: Need some karma guys. it would be wonderful if someone can give me some karma.

Discard
Best Answer

i guess this community has to follow some strategy from community.oracle.com

Discard
Best Answer

I can't answer any question in the forum with karma. But I am new user, have top earn Karma by answering question it is funny. What should I do?

Discard

Complete the courses available at https://www.odoo.com/slidesand get around 7-8K Karma.