This question has been flagged
4 Replies

It seems that something went wrong with my production OpenERP database, which I don't really know its cause. Here's the error I get:

2014-02-15 22:42:24,733 18124 ERROR mydatabase openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_ui_view: Can't render view project_issue.view_project_form_inherited for model: project.project
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_ui_view.py", line 126, in _check_render_view
    fvg = self.pool.get(view.model).fields_view_get(cr, uid, view_id=view.id, view_type=view.type, context=context)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2239, in fields_view_get
    arch=apply_view_inheritance(cr, user, source, sql_res['id']),
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2197, in apply_view_inheritance
    source = apply_inheritance_specs(source, view_arch, view_id)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2181, in apply_inheritance_specs
    raise_view_error("Element '%s' not found in parent view '%%(parent_xml_id)s'" % tag, inherit_id)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2074, in raise_view_error
    %  (child_view.xml_id, self._name, error_msg))
AttributeError: View definition error for inherited view 'project_issue.view_project_form_inherited' on model 'project.project': 
Element '<xpath expr="//page[@name="project_stages"]">' not found in parent view 'project.edit_project'
2014-02-15 22:42:24,739 18124 ERROR mydatabase openerp.tools.convert: Parse error in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/project_issue/project_issue_view.xml:302: 
<record id="view_project_form_inherited" model="ir.ui.view">
            <field name="name">project.project.form.inherited</field>
            <field name="model">project.project</field>
            <field name="inherit_id" ref="project.edit_project"/>
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <data><xpath expr="//div[@name="options_active"]" position="inside">
                    <field name="use_issues" class="oe_inline"/>
                    <label for="use_issues"/>
                </xpath>
                <xpath expr="//div[@name="buttons"]" position="inside">
                    <button name="%(act_project_project_2_project_issue_all)d" string="Issues" type="action" attrs="{'invisible':[('use_issues','=', 0)]}"/>
                </xpath>
                <xpath expr="//page[@name="project_stages"]" position="attributes">
                    <attribute name="attrs">{'invisible': [('use_tasks', '=', False),('use_issues','=',False)]}</attribute>
                </xpath>
                <field name="priority" position="before">
                    <field name="project_escalation_id"/>
                </field>
                <field name="alias_domain" position="after">
                    <label for="alias_model" class="oe_edit_only" string="creates"/><field name="alias_model" class="oe_edit_only oe_inline"/>
                </field>
            </data></field>
       </record>

I think there's something wrong with project.project module, so I want to disable it, at least to start my production DB until further investigation

Does anyone have a solution? Or: Can someone guide me to at least disabling

P.S. I'm not much into postgres. So if the solution involves manipulating the DB via command line, I'd highly appreciate a step by step procedure

Discard
Best Answer

hello you can disable the module from database in the table ir_module_module set the state of project uninstalled

update ir_module_module set state='uninstalled' where name='project'

restart the server login make the module as installed to allow you to desinstall it

update ir_module_module set state='installed' where name='project'

hope that's help you

Discard
Best Answer

Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

Discard
Best Answer

My stackoverflow answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21485630/how-to-uninstall-manually-openerp-module/41760541#41760541

There are two ways

1. Apply the Patch of my pull request:
            https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/12373.patch (git apply /home/user/patch_file.patch)

2. Manually:

• Go to Terminal > psql db and Execute the query like: update ir_module_module set state='to remove' where name='module_name' and state='installed';

• Add update_module=True in loading.py before this line > https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/10.0/odoo/modules/loading.py#L378

And run the odoo.py or odoo-bin.
This will uninstall the module properly and safely.

Enjoy odoo.
Let me know if face any problem.

Discard
Best Answer

It has not worked!!! Keep avoiding login as administrator. Shows up 500 Internal error!!!

Discard