This question has been flagged

Hy @all,

In addition to checking in and out I want the user to be able to edit their own attendance times as well. They should not be able to see and edit the times of other employees.

It's about the view "hr.attendance.tree". Here the user should only see his own times. The display or a search for other employees should not be possible in this view.

I've added the users to the Manual Attendance group and granted permission. I have added the corresponding menu. At various points I tried to adjust that the user can only see his own times. Unfortunately without success. Although the view is filtered for the user. However, if I remove the filter, all times of all users are displayed. That should not be.

I'm happy about any help!

Discard
Author

To get ahead in the matter, I have tried the mentioned extension. Unfortunately, they did not install.

I looked at the content, especially the xml file, and made the changes manually. Now it is as expected. Thanks for that!

But:

The manual editing of the entries succeeds only partially. If I want to change the checkin or checkout time of an entry later, then I get the error message that the user has already checked in for <new time>.

I am thankful for hints!

Author Best Answer

Hi Niyas,

thanks for the hint!

I would like to regulate this via rules and permissions, first. That should be possible. Or isn't it?

I forgot:
Odoo 11.0-20181126 (Community Edition)

Best regards..

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Please have a loot at this free module available in the Odoo store providing same functionality: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/hr_employee_attendance/

Thanks

Discard