This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I need to modify or add new items in the combo box of the product type cul me appears when you add a new product, by default you have 3, the storable, consumable and service. I want to change this to just 2, one product and another saying that says licenses. This is according to in product.py file where you have to change, but I already did not show changes, and even reboot the server and not so visible. Stand them to modify codes:

in the class product_template (osv.osv) Variable class _columns

change this

fields.selection ([('consumer', 'Consumable'), ('service', 'Service')])

Variable _defaults change in this

'type': 'equi'

if it is not the only file you need to change to see the change of the combo box.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I already did, I went to settings then update modules list and in the window that unfurled I gave you to update but still does not show me the types of products that meti, still showing me before. if this is not modifying the correct codes for the changes to be seen.

Discard
Best Answer

you must "update" your module, so that changes be applied. restarting server doesn't update module

Discard
Author

I already did, I went to settings then update modules list and in the window that unfurled I gave you to update but still does not show me the types of products that meti, still showing me before. if this is not modifying the correct codes for the changes to be seen.

Author Best Answer

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

The change must also be done in the product_view.xml

But this is a wrong way for adding a new product types !!!

Discard
Author

then, they recommend me to change or some other method to do this? I've been on trying but nothing. I thought that the information on the type of product shown in the combo box was in some table database.