Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can we restrict menu action loading?

komala kiran kumar. Parepalli
on 11/27/14, 6:11 AM 806 views

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with the openerp framework.

I don't want to load the first child of parent menu whenever we are clicking on it instead it has to show me some blank screen in the current window

what  I am looking for is like when i clicked on Sales Top Menu it will by default load the action of Customers/Crm sub-menu. But i don't this to happen, it has to show some white screen and whenever i click on Sub-Menu(Customers/CRM) then only it has to load the respective action.

Thanks in Advance:

Kiran Kumar

Joseph Andrade
On 8/22/15, 11:06 AM

Hi guys,

Do you know how could I solve the following problem?

Many thanks.

Hi Guys,

I habe find a way out for this myself. This is what i have done.

I have created a seperate model with no fields like "blank.page" and defined a form view and action with target = 'inline', then i assigned this action to the Top menus for which I want to show blank pages.

I know this is just a way around, But i am not sure is there some other way to acheive what i want. Looking forward for the answers or comments.

Kiran Kumar

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/27/14, 6:11 AM
Seen: 806 times
Last updated: 8/22/15, 11:06 AM