This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a few technical questions:

1) We Manufacture parent products in big batches (make to stock strategy). In addition, parent products include a number of child products so simply we have one product with different names (basically postponement strategy). I have used kit technique from BOM which it works but the problem is when we print any reports such as delivery and invoice, they display the parent name rather than the child name. Could you please kindly advise how we can handle this problem with this solution or any other better solutions

2) I have created a variant for a product and then I deleted but the product is completely deleted. When I go to BOM I can see the product but when I go to product and search it I can't find it. Could you please tell me how to bring it back?

3) I have created route in warehouse and then I deactivated it but it has been disappeared from the list. Could you please show me how I can bring it back?

Discard
Best Answer

1) You can simply just update the qweb report with an inherited view. If you have the information on the line, you can display what you want in report easily with odoo...

2) When you are in form, you have at top right a search bar, if you clickon the arrow, you can make an advanced search... with field active=false.

When you delete something in odoo, to keep the history and don't break old relation, we just hide the row.

Any model with a field active will have the same behaviour... if you set active=False, it will be hidden in any form

Another thing is that Odoo use product.product and product.template...

product.product is what we call in common language a variant (product.product)...

So you can have deleted a variant, but the template (product.template) is always there.

3) Same remark than point 2... You have probably the field active set to False !

Discard