Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
How can we manage to have one product with different names in Odoo while you have one manufacturing order for parent product
I have a few technical questions:
1) We Manufacture parent products in big batches (make to stock strategy). In addition, parent products include a number of child products so simply we have one product with different names (basically postponement strategy). I have used kit technique from BOM which it works but the problem is when we print any reports such as delivery and invoice, they display the parent name rather than the child name. Could you please kindly advise how we can handle this problem with this solution or any other better solutions
2) I have created a variant for a product and then I deleted but the product is completely deleted. When I go to BOM I can see the product but when I go to product and search it I can't find it. Could you please tell me how to bring it back?
3) I have created route in warehouse and then I deactivated it but it has been disappeared from the list. Could you please show me how I can bring it back?
1) You can simply just update the qweb report with an inherited view. If you have the information on the line, you can display what you want in report easily with odoo...
2) When you are in form, you have at top right a search bar, if you clickon the arrow, you can make an advanced search... with field active=false.
When you delete something in odoo, to keep the history and don't break old relation, we just hide the row.
Any model with a field active will have the same behaviour... if you set active=False, it will be hidden in any form
Another thing is that Odoo use product.product and product.template...
product.product is what we call in common language a variant (product.product)...
So you can have deleted a variant, but the template (product.template) is always there.
3) Same remark than point 2... You have probably the field active set to False !
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 8/21/15, 11:37 AM|
|Seen: 608 times|
|Last updated: 8/21/15, 11:56 AM|