Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I update Currency rates in Odoo 9 Community? Can I update the table storing currency rates manually?

Michael Scorpio
on 6/1/16, 12:27 PM 416 views

Apparently the updating of currency rates is only available in Enterprise. Given that my business is multi-currency, I'm going to need to have the rates in Odoo. I can see the table "res_currency_rate" which would appear to be for this purpose. My question is; what are the semantics of the columns in this table?

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 6/2/16, 1:01 AM

You have to update currency rate manually. The table describe currency rate on different time.

My question is; what are the semantics of the columns in this table?

Michael Scorpio
on 6/2/16, 8:06 AM
Keenmeng Lew
On 8/28/16, 11:25 PM

You can follow this path - Accounting - Configuration - Multi Currencies - Currencies.  From here, you can activate the currency you want to use and maintain its rates.

On 8/28/16, 7:21 PM

You can use the Currency Rate Update module, get it from the App menu on your community edition or download it here https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/currency_rate_update/

There are some minor bugs on the modules, some of them might not apply to you. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/1/16, 12:27 PM
Seen: 416 times
Last updated: 8/28/16, 11:25 PM