Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I start with reports?

on 1/29/15, 2:00 PM 498 views

Hello, I have Odoo 8 and I am starting to understand the reports, to develop my own reports. (The reports of Reporting tab).

Where is any tutorial? I see the tutorial of the v8 in https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/ but it is very short. I need more detailed tutorials.

For example, I am seeing the addons/account/account_invoice_report.py and I don't know why the table of BD is named "ail"...

Probably documentation postgresql is the best tutorial for this. PS. ... ail ... short name account_invoice_line (postgresql - account_invoice_line AS ail) ... see ... FROM account_invoice_line ail ... method _from in account_invoice_report.py

on 1/29/15, 3:17 PM

Yes, I see that. Thanks for your reply!

on 1/29/15, 9:06 PM

It is called an alias. You can call it anything. If you don't provide it, the full table name is used.

on 1/30/15, 12:22 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/29/15, 2:00 PM
Seen: 498 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM