Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I specify unique serial numbers for the same product during incoming shipment registration?

By
Els Van Vossel (evv)
on 6/26/14, 5:33 AM 2,065 views

I want to register an incoming shipment with a unique serial number for each product that arrives. I ordered 5 units of the same product, and I want to assign 5 unique serial numbers. How can I make that work? 

This question has been included in the official documentation.

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 6/26/14, 5:34 AM

Make sure to tick the option Track lots or serial numbers in Settings > Configuration > Warehouse to be able to enter serial numbers. In the barcode interface (accessible from Warehouse > Operations > All Operations by clicking the barcode), you will receive your incoming shipments. 

In order to assign unique serial numbers, put the quantity of the corresponding product line to 1. Then click Create lot (at the right side of the line) and enter the lot / serial number

Now put that 1 unit in pack. 

Then do the same for the remaining quantities: always select 1 unit, create a lot / serial number and put that 1 unit in pack. That way, you will have a lot number for each unit.

Adjusted to latest release

Els Van Vossel (evv)
on 9/25/14, 10:21 AM
Mathieu Laflamme
On 7/30/14, 7:00 PM

Sorry where is the "Commenting tool"???

My comment would be: "Would it be more easier to have a place to scan all the serials numbers more quickly? I find this part really not user friendly and slow."

Udari
On 7/30/14, 10:54 PM

I cant find the barcode . where can I find it. I am using OpenERP V7.

How can I sell the items in warehouse by previously created serial number?? Any mechanism to select the preferred serial number from sales quotation level

Udari
on 7/30/14, 11:26 PM

This only for Version 8

Els Van Vossel (evv)
on 7/31/14, 6:55 AM
ifan kang
On 2/26/15, 1:19 AM

Sorry, how to make serial number unique that can't input same serial number twice?

Our product is mobile device, Is there a way to input serial number faster?

Not input and process one by one, like input a list serial number before processing

Thanks in advance

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/26/14, 5:33 AM
Seen: 2065 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM