This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am using Odoo 9 and I want to deny the creation of products for some users, for example, for the persons who do sales, I want them to only have access to products which are already created. They must not have the right to create new products. How can I do it? Any idea for this, please?

Discard
Best Answer

add an access right with read only access for salesman group in the csv file:

access_product_template_salesman,product.template.salesman,product.model_product_template,sales_team.group_sale_salesman,1,0,0,0
access_product_product_salesman,product.product.salesman,product.model_product_product,sales_team.group_sale_salesman,1,0,0,0
Discard
Author

Should i add this rules in the csv file of sale model ? i don't know exactly in which model i will add that

Author

I have added this two lines in the cvs file of sale model but it shows error when i update the model "Line 37 : Aucun enregistrement trouv\xe9 pour id externe 'sales_team.group_sale_salesman' dans le champ 'Group'"

Best Answer

You can restrict any user from creating a new product by following these steps:

- Go to:

Settings > in "Users" Select "Manage Users"

Select the user which you need to restrict him from creating a new product.

Select "Edit" then in "Inventory" Select "User" ((Do Not Select Administrator)) then click save.

Settings > User & Companies > Select "Groups"

Search for "Inventory / User" then Select it

Select "Access Rights" then Select "Edit"

In the table, you will see "product.template stock user" ..

Tick inside "Create Access" to allow users to create a new product or untick to restrict the user from creating a new product.

Regards,

Yousif Al Qallaf

Discard
Best Answer

You can modify the access right to model Product for a given group.

For example, you might want to do so:

-  As admin user, debug mode : go to app Settings -> Technical -> Security -> list access control

- Use "group by" -> Object

- Check out access rights for object "Product" : remove the create right for the relevant group

Discard
Author

I tried this solution and it doesn't work