This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi everyone!

As simple as it may sound, I can't figure out how to pay employees for hours worked on internal projects.

This is the scenario: We have an internal company project "Process Development." One employee is assigned to that project to do several tasks in it. He's done his tasks and records his hours worked directly on those given tasks. Now, the end of the month comes and it's time to pay employee for his work.

Employees are assigned to Service Products that cost certain amount. They have contracts created in HR module and those contracts are also linked to analytic accounts. The project and its analytic account need a Customer if we want to use Timesheet and Invoicing, right? Who's the customer in this case? I figured it's us, the company and the employees are suppliers since we buy their services.

So, to pay for those hours worked:

1) Do I create a payslip with manually added lines corresponding to those tasks (however, I have tried and have no clue how to do it) ?

2) I invoice those tasks from the Project module / Tasks to Invoice ? Well, tried it and every time it comes through as a sale rather than purchase/expense.

3) I go to Analytic Journal for that project and Invoice those tasks from there? Well, I get the same result as through the PM module.

Obviously, I'm setting something up wrong but need help to figure it out. OpenERP is stil a very new system to me. HELP PLZ

Discard
Best Answer

We're having the same issue here. I think to get this working you will need a programmer to do some work on the backend of openERP. We are considering this option at the moment.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your suggestion, Eloka. I have tried so many different scenarios but nothing seem to work. So either I thought I'm dumb or something is wrong because, in my opinion, that should be the basic and simplest thing to do. How long have you been using OpenERP?