This question has been flagged
10 Replies

I have just finished setting up the onsite version of Odoo, it was working great, but I  logged myself out, thinking it will be simple to log back in. I still have the master password for the administrator, but now that login (http://localhost:8069) is not showing as before and instead it is now a company website asking for an email and password to login instead of the default prompt asking for username; password. How do I log back in?

Discard

I also found this problem as well. Could anyone help me to solve this issue? Lerdlop

Author

Hi Lerdlop, read my post below, should work for you.

Author Best Answer

Hi, I just found the solution, my admin password was okay; The problem was that once you add the administrator email, (settings-> users -> administrator) the administrator username also changes from the default 'admin' to the email you have put and 'admin' does not work for login anymore. I used the followin postgresql query to confirm my new username and password. Unfortunately I can't post the link as I don't have enough karma.

1. Take on postgres user privileges

you:-$ sudo -sHu postgres 

2. Start up the PostgreSQL command line with the list command to list all databases;

postgres:-$ psql -l (not a 1 but a small L)

Name       |  Owner      | Encoding |   Collate         |    Ctype         |   Access privileges   
----------------+----------------+--------------+---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------
 odoo1       | openerp     |    UTF8   | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | 
 postgres   | postgres    | UTF8      | en_US.UTF-8  | en_US.UTF-8 | 
 template0 | postgres     | UTF8      | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
                |                   |               |                      |                      | postgres=CTc/postgres
 template1 | postgres     | UTF8      | en_US.UTF-8  | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
                 |                  |               |                      |                       | postgres=CTc/postgres

3. identify the database that is for your openerp. For me it was easy as the owner was "openerp", and the name "odoo1"

4. Fire up the PostgreSQL command line and select your database as below; use database identifed from step 3.

postgres:-$ psql -d odoo1

psql (9.3.4)

Type "help" for help.

5. Query your database by asking it to display all logins, passwords from the table "res_users". This is the odoo store for logins and passwords

yourDataBaseName=#Query login, password from table, 

odoo1=# select login, password from res_users;

login        | password

--------------------+----------

rick                | rick123

admin@bit.co.ke | WheyHaarD4u2Guess

(2 rows) 

odoo1=#

Discard

With the latest release of Odoo 8.0, you can no longer see the passwords in plain text. They are now encrypted -- which is a VERY GOOD thing!

Best Answer

Although the username field is labelled "Email" you can still login with your username. I often login with my Odoo username (e.g. 'admin') with no problems.

Discard

Thank you David. I get it.

Indeed. I think they made this slightly confusing for most people.

David, THIS is the answer I have been searching for! A million thanks! :) For a new install Odoo 8.0, use "admin" as the Email and the password for the database to log in. This was giving me fits as it's not explained anywhere in the docs. You're a life saver.

Best Answer

Thank you Francis, you saved me!!

Discard
Best Answer

Saved my life!

Discard