This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to pay an invoice of amount 2500$ from accounting -> customer payments menu.

Here when i select customer all invoices of the customer showing on the screen it is good feature.

But i have to pay an extra bank charges to this 2500$ invoice, i unable to select any other account other than accounts receible from add item menu. Please help me how can i proceed for this?  

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, I beleive you should use manual journal entries by bank journal or use bank statements. But, if you want to link this charges to the invoice, you should use customer payment, then in the payment amount write the amount including charges. You will get a difference below. You should choose "reconcile payment balance" and then choose the desired account e.g. Bank Commission Expense. And you get the recponciled invoice and bank commission expense or any other.

Discard
Author

Thank you Zura, but is there any way available to add expenses from payment screen itself. I can inherit the "account_voucher" module. Does any problems i face, if i remove the mandatory restrictions to "journal entries" field and show all the accounts in the account field place. so it is possible to select the expense account and add the amount to expense account there itself?

As I understood you want to remove the restrictions on accounts in Customer/Supplier Payment document. I believe you will face no problems. I am doing the same thing for myself for managing advance payment reconciliations automatically.

Author

Thank you zura, this is most valuable information to me.

Author

can you send me that code please? . mail (sambaguduru1989@gmail.com)