Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I edit my post if I'm a new user (403 forbidden)?

on 9/23/16, 10:21 AM 134 views

I just posted my first post on this forum; and thankfully I got it validated rather quickly by the admins.

However, I spent a lot of time to format code and images; just before I made my first posting, I thankfully remembered that my post may be rejected, so I made a quick copy/paste of it. As I expected, after the first "Post Your Question", it was refused, and I got: "403 – Forbidden".

Then I tried posting a the question again, this time from the copy/paste that I had saved; all the pictures and formatting were gone, but it somehow got accepted in the queue. While it was in the validation queue, if I tried to edit the post and save it, I'd get: "403 – Forbidden" again.

Now that it got validated, I try to edit it and re-add the formatting and images again - but I again get "403 – Forbidden"!?

So how can a new user edit their posts on this forum? What is minimum karma required for that, if that is the problem (https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/faq does not mention anything about "edit your own posts")?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 9/23/16, 10:28 AM

You need 20 karma points to upload files or insert links, see https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/faq

On 9/23/16, 10:33 AM

Thanks @ErminTrevisan, I missed that part; i'm sorry I have to use a space for an answer instead of a comment, but I have karma of 7 right now, and I need 8 to comment. Anyways, my OP above has a link (granted, not formatted as one, but I'm OK with that), and it sill passed even if I have a karma of 7 currently.

But my problem is: the post passed validation, and all I'm trying to do is edit the very same (already accepted) post to format pieces of text as code or italic, and I still get 403? Does editing own posts in general also require karma of 20?

EDIT: Trying to edit my response here, let's see if it passes: also, I noticed that when I click on "comment" on your post, I get "8 karma is required to perform this action. You can earn karma by having your answers upvoted by the community."; however, the www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/faq says that karma  "5     upvote, add comments"; so probably the FAQ needs some updating also?

EDIT2: I got to karma 12 in the meantime, I guess that is why the previous edit of mine passed ...

I did upvote your question and your "answer", now you should have more than 20 karma points. 403 Errors may also happen from time to time for arbitrary reasons.

Ermin Trevisan
on 9/23/16, 10:42 AM

Thanks @ErminTrevisan, much appreciated - I noticed now I can comment and edit this answer, but I still get 403 when I try to edit my previous question ( www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/auto-backup-on-odoo-9-0-108836 ); let's hope if I wait until tomorrow, I'll be able to.

on 9/23/16, 10:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/23/16, 10:21 AM
Seen: 134 times
Last updated: 9/23/16, 10:43 AM