This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I need to integrate a more complex quotation, since our service is charged on different, if scenarios. We charge our clients depending on the highest among volumetric weight and real weight. For example, if a box has 1lb of real weight and 2 lb of volumetric weight. Our client has to pay, 2lb*($2.60/lb). The quote has to include several dropdown lists and variations of service and charge. Is it possible to do it?  I'm working on Odoo 12.0. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Andrew,

It is absolutely possible but not by default. Since you're already talking about multiple dropdown lists and variants I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to do this with Odoo Studio. You should do this with custom development in a module or with a combination of Odoo Studio and developer mode where you add code to the fields logic.
I'd personally go for a module, in this case it is probably cleaner.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

How can I get to this quotation module? Is there any documentation? It works with HTML?

You'll need a combination of XML and Python code to get all the logic done. Your best start is probably the official documentation tutorial. See https://www.odoo.com/documentation/12.0/howtos/backend.html

Author

Then... what should be my next step? I have to build my module in the developer mode?

The best is to probably code a module. With Odoo studio / Odoo developer mode you can come far already though, just give it a try.