Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I close a fiscal year?

By
José
on 1/5/15, 6:16 AM 1,359 views

Hello, I have Odoo 8 and I don't know how to close a fiscal year. I go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Periods -> Fiscal year and I don't find the button to close the fiscal year. I have closed all the periods of the fiscal year yet.

Thanks!

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 1/5/15, 7:19 AM

Hi,

To close a financial year, use the menu Accounting‣ Periodical Processing ‣ End of Period ‣ Close a Fiscal Year. A wizard opens asking you for the financial year to close.

In order to close a fiscalyear, you must first post related journal entries.

When the year is closed, you can no longer create or modify any transactions in that year. So you should always make a backup of the database before closing the fiscal year.

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 1/5/15, 7:52 AM

Hi

Refer this link may help you

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/5/15, 6:16 AM
Seen: 1359 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM