Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I cancel a manufacturing order?

By
Hakan Aydin
on 3/20/13, 4:14 AM 4,217 views

I have a manufacturing order in "confirmed, awaiting for raw materials" state. We realized that the BOM for the product is incorrect, so I want to cancel the order and create a new one. When I try to cancel it, I get the message:

Cannot cancel manufacturing order! You must first cancel related internal picking attached to this manufacturing order.

I am not sure I understand what this error means. Any help is appreciated.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/4/13, 1:25 AM

As an alternative to cancelling the picking related to the MO, we wrote a module that does this for you so you can cancel an MO that hasn't been picked in one step.

https://launchpad.net/openerp-shared/7.0/stable/+download/mrp_cancel_README.pdf

https://launchpad.net/openerp-shared/7.0/stable/+download/mrp_cancel.zip

@Ray: Thanks for sharing this module, this be really very helpful to community people.

test
on 4/5/13, 3:34 AM
Gustavo
On 3/20/13, 4:55 AM

the manufacturing order created picking orders, so you should first cancel those orders before canceling the MO

That's what I can not find: How to cancel the picking order

Hakan Aydin
on 3/20/13, 4:56 AM

In "Extra Informations" tab, there is a field "Picking List" with the voucher classically named "PTN/XXXX". Open it and cancel it.

Yann Papouin
on 3/21/13, 8:42 AM
Odoo Honduras
On 3/30/16, 8:32 PM

Is that module available for V8?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/20/13, 4:14 AM
Seen: 4217 times
Last updated: 3/30/16, 8:32 PM