This question has been flagged
4 Replies
Discard

provide us your code in detail in description itself

Best Answer

In python to add,

_sql_constraints = [
        ('name_uniq', 'unique (name)', 'The name must be unique !')
    ]

Discard
Author

I have written like this it's not working class product_extension(osv.osv): _inherit = "product.product" _columns = { 'product_code_uniq':fields.char('SKU/Product Code', size=64, help="Enter Code", required=True), } _sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code_uniq)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ]

Check the product.product form or table if already unique present in the table then remove the records. After that Restart the server and update the module.

I think field name is "product_code" so your_sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ]

Author

Thank you prakash, to spent your valuable time with me. But this also not working. I have restatrt server and upgrade my module every time when i do any code changes. _inherit = "product.product" _columns = { 'product_code':fields.char('SKU/Product Code', size=64, help="Enter Code", required=True), } _sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ]

Please make sure 'product_code' column in available in product.product table?. Default openerp 'default_code' code is available. Refer the link https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/why-sql-constraints-not-working-39549

Author

previcously product_code not available. I want to add product_code. After my module installation the field is available in product_product table. Please check my .py file from openerp.osv import fields, osv import os.path import fnmatch from tools.translate import _ class product_extension(osv.osv): _inherit = "product.product" _columns = { 'product_code':fields.char('SKU/Product Code', size=64, help="Enter Code", required=True), } _sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ] and .xml file product.normal.form.view.extension.formproduct.productproduct.normal.tree.view.extension.formproduct.product

using DB pg_admin you can easily check Column and Constraints are created Steps 1)Select the table you want 2) Ctrl-Alt-Enter or right-click / Properties 3) Select "Columns" tab 4) Select "Constraints" tab otherwise issues in the custom module.

Author

Thank you prakash, I got the problem. I have removed all the products which have the value of "product_code" field. I have started working with new product, then this constraint working...

Best Answer

Hi

Add this code in py file

_sql_constraints = [
        ('your_field_uniq', 'unique(your_field)', 'your_field must be unique!'),
    ]

Discard
Author

I have written like this it's not working class product_extension(osv.osv): _inherit = "product.product" _columns = { 'product_code_uniq':fields.char('SKU/Product Code', size=64, help="Enter Code", required=True), } _sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code_uniq)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ]

Hi try this _inherit = "product.product" _columns = { 'product_code':fields.char('SKU/Product Code', size=64, help="Enter Code", required=True), } _sql_constraints = [ ('product_code_uniq', 'unique(product_code)', 'Product Code must be unique!'), ]

upgrade your module, if there is value in this field is duplicate in old product then it not apply

Author

Thank you jagdish, to spent your valuable time with me. But this also not working. I have restatrt server and upgrade my module every time when i do any code changes.

Author

Thank you jagadish, I got the problem. I have removed all the products which have the value of "product_code" field. I have started working with new product, then this constraint working...

Best Answer

Where the heck is "_sql_constraints" documented? (I'd add this as a comment, but the stoopid karma system won't let me.)

Discard
Best Answer

samba - if you have such issue, when column is populated with data, you should add that sql_constraint into your code, but as well you should try to get this column having distinct values, then manually try to set a sql constraint on your database - that will work for sure. Just remember to make sure that column has no duplicate value and then create a key.

Discard