Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I add attachments to employee form?

Urpit Timbadiya
on 8/23/13, 7:17 AM 2,139 views

I want to add an attachment field to my employee directory for their documents can be stored. Please help me with this as I am new to openerp

You need to attach only one document per employee ?

on 8/26/13, 12:35 PM

Yes for now it is just one file....

Urpit Timbadiya
on 8/26/13, 1:50 PM

But in the future ? For one document i know how to code that, but you need to have some developer skills.

on 8/27/13, 11:23 AM

Yes I got it confirmed that only one document will be needed for attachment.

Urpit Timbadiya
on 8/27/13, 11:27 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/28/13, 12:58 AM

Install the Document Management System module.

This adds an Attachments dropdown to the form view:

image description

Once installed, this is available for every model, not just employees.

Note: Most business documents have a chatter section below them allowing users to attach documents to every message or note they record about that document. Since the employee document doesn't, the Document Management System is your best option.

Yes I know this option but what i want is the add button should be inside the form of employee or it should be available at the time of editing.

Urpit Timbadiya
on 8/28/13, 2:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 8/23/13, 7:17 AM
Seen: 2139 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM