Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I add a second report to an existing Print button?

By
Rebel
on 4/12/13, 11:24 AM 3,969 views

I would like to add a new report to the invoices. We want to use 2 different templates, one for our french customers and one for our dutch customers. In both templates there is some static text inputted through the report editor, which is why I can't resolve this through translations.

I came accross this post here Mulitple Invoice Layout. It seemed simple enough, but I have thus far tried this over 10 times but I can't get it set up properly. I haven't been able to see a second link in my print menu.

Could someone please give a little more detailed explanation on how to add a new report to an existing Print button?

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 4/12/13, 12:57 PM

You can have an example in l10n_ch_payment_slip module about using 2 different reports for invoices. One is the default report which will be printed using the red button Print invoice and the second will be available in a Print list on top of the form.

This module can be found in lp:openerp-swiss-localization/7.0

image description

Just note that we are using webkit reports in that case, but how to add a button should be fine.

Otherwise if you do really want to make a single button that will use different reports, you will have to code it. RML reports aren't the best for that kind of customization.

Is it possible to add a print button in a view as well? e.g. in the calendar view?

Rebel
on 5/28/13, 7:33 AM

Yes, you can define another button on a view. See how it is done with the button 'Delivery Slip', from addons/stock/stock_report.xml

patrick
on 6/20/13, 5:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/12/13, 11:24 AM
Seen: 3969 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM