This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Odoo 10 includes a focus on manufacturing. I've watched Odoo videos and read documents on the upcoming release. I've seen nothing significant in Odoo 10 supporting product revisions.

As an Odoo user, how will I manage product revisions? I should be able to:

• Create a new revision of an existing product

• Specify the primary product revision to be used in a bill of materials

• Specify alternate product revisions acceptable for use in a bill of materials

• Flag products as non-conforming based on a not-matching revision

• Review purchases of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Review manufacturing of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Review sales of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Conduct 'where used' searches of products within bills of materials, and receive revision level detail

• Search stock moves and receive results with revision level detail

Where can I learn if some or all of this functionality is being incorporated into Odoo in 10 or a later version?

Discard
Author

I've reviewed Odoo 10 RunBot, and I've watched the YouTube video "Version 10 Manufacturing Apps Tour - San Francisco."

Can someone who uses Odoo for manufacturing comment?

Odoo 10 does not support product revisions. As far as I can tell v10.0 Enterprise deals with versions of BOMs but not products. This is a major weakness of Odoo in my opinion. Currently we just amend the internal reference of the product, and use Project to keep track of ECOs that document these revision changes.

Author

Without version tracked products, a version tracked BOM has little value. The products making up the bill are ambiguous.

The company I work for is starting a shared doc with requirements and implementation discussion on adding product version control as a module. Indicate if you would participate, please.

Author

It's 2023 and Odoo is on v16. Does anyone see an update to how Odoo tracks product revisions?

Best Answer

Hi!

I'd like to know the same as the OP. Seems quite odd to implement MRP without part revision no? That's fundamental to making things.

I have started to look at Omnia Solutions and their PLM add on. They have addons for Solidworks/SolidEdge with BOM and version functionality. It seems to work like a PDM Vault also.

Discard