Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How are product revisions managed in Odoo 10?

Nicholas DeMarco
on 8/23/16, 6:49 AM 446 views

Odoo 10 includes a focus on manufacturing. I've watched Odoo videos and read documents on the upcoming release. I've seen nothing significant in Odoo 10 supporting product revisions.

As an Odoo user, how will I manage product revisions? I should be able to:

• Create a new revision of an existing product

• Specify the primary product revision to be used in a bill of materials

• Specify alternate product revisions acceptable for use in a bill of materials

• Flag products as non-conforming based on a not-matching revision

• Review purchases of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Review manufacturing of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Review sales of a product, including detail reporting on revisions

• Conduct 'where used' searches of products within bills of materials, and receive revision level detail

• Search stock moves and receive results with revision level detail

Where can I learn if some or all of this functionality is being incorporated into Odoo in 10 or a later version?

I've reviewed Odoo 10 RunBot, and I've watched the YouTube video "Version 10 Manufacturing Apps Tour - San Francisco."

Can someone who uses Odoo for manufacturing comment?

Practichem, Nicholas DeMarco
on 10/1/16, 5:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 8/23/16, 6:49 AM
Seen: 446 times
Last updated: 10/1/16, 5:24 AM