Haven't found any conclusive information on this yet. Let's say I want to have a text field for the color of my product. Can anyone explain in a clear way, step by step, how to do this?
This piece of documentation will help out any developer:
Especially the subject of object inheritance.
In simple steps:
- Create a module
- Create a file for overriding product.product (since you want to add a field).
- Add the field in code
- Install module
The steps to add custom attributes to product is :
- Activation of developer mode
- Go to product form : Sale-> Products -> Products -> Form view -> In the field "Debug view" select "manage views"-> Edit -> (Select the place wher you want to put you custom field) -> Enherited view
- Enherit the view : clic on Enherited view (when you clic on this bouton you will get another new node.)
- Adding your custom attribute : Go inside the new node created. clic on the icon "plus" at right -> New field -> Field name -> Field label -> Field type -> Save -> Update -> String(lLabel of field) -> Update -> Close -> Close
It is finished.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/28/14, 9:16 AM|
|Seen: 7821 times|
|Last updated: 11/30/15, 2:39 AM|