Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Haven't found any conclusive information on this yet. Let's say I want to have a text field for the color of my product. Can anyone explain in a clear way, step by step, how to do this?
This piece of documentation will help out any developer:
Especially the subject of object inheritance.
In simple steps:
- Create a module
- Create a file for overriding product.product (since you want to add a field).
- Add the field in code
- Install module
The steps to add custom attributes to product is :
- Activation of developer mode
- Go to product form : Sale-> Products -> Products -> Form view -> In the field "Debug view" select "manage views"-> Edit -> (Select the place wher you want to put you custom field) -> Enherited view
- Enherit the view : clic on Enherited view (when you clic on this bouton you will get another new node.)
- Adding your custom attribute : Go inside the new node created. clic on the icon "plus" at right -> New field -> Field name -> Field label -> Field type -> Save -> Update -> String(lLabel of field) -> Update -> Close -> Close
It is finished.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/28/14, 9:16 AM|
|Seen: 10881 times|
|Last updated: 11/30/15, 2:39 AM|