This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi All,

Currently we have around 350,000 lines of account_move_line and 60,000 lines of account_move, and it;s increasing shortly. Those records belongs to a single partner.

my OpenERP system was failed just to generate "General Ledger" and "Partner Ledger" report from all those records. the browser is just displaying loading message with no end. All other simple reports with only few pages of PDF are fine.

my server has 6GB of RAM, 12 cores CPU, running CentOS 6 linux.

i have done openerp, postgresql and linux kernel tuning as follows:

Linux:

kernel.shmmax = 68719476739
kernel.shmall = 16777216
kernel.shmmni = 4096

Postgres:

shared_buffers = 4GB  
temp_buffers = 500MB
default_statistics_target = 100
maintenance_work_mem = 480MB
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
effective_cache_size = 6GB
work_mem = 50MB
wal_buffers = 16MB
checkpoint_segments = 64

OpenERP:

workers = 25
limit_request = 100000
osv_memory_age_limit = 1.0
limit_time_real = 240
limit_time_cpu = 600
limit_memory_hard = 6442450944
limit_memory_soft = 3221225472

but still no luck generating those reports. any help or clue will be very appreciated

thanks

Discard
Best Answer

For high volume reporting tasks you should use Aeroo Reports and it's support for deferred tasks. Original reports are usable only with low volume data. Even if normally report would time out, if report is run as a deferred process, it would create background task. Once completed it would store the report along the task.

More over the deferred processing module + Aeroo Reports would work transparently, you can set a threshold for each report, to initiate deferred task, if not exceeded it would run Aeroo report as usual - without creating deferred task.

You can integrate other long running processes to be used as deferred tasks, like mass recalculations etc.

Ok there is one "problem" - you need to redevelop "original" reports into Aeroo.

BR Kaspar

Discard
Author

hi Kaspar, currently i used webkit report, do you think it's the same as RML report in performance?

Best Answer

Hi Akhmad,

We upgraded our server and created a swap space of 8GB which allowed us to run a 700+ page long General Ledger Report.

The suggestion of Aeroo reports is good and we were thinking of converting the GL report to HTML (and not PDF). It seems it is convert to PDF which was causing problems and not fetching the data.

HTH Rohit

Discard
Author

Hi Rohit did you mean creating swap space of 8GB on the OS/Linux? what is the size of PDF generated in your case?

Thanks

Author Best Answer

Hi Rohit did you mean creating swap space of 8GB on the OS/Linux? what is the size of PDF generated in your case?

Thanks

Discard