Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Hierachical tree view of Chart of Account in version 9

on 3/23/16, 4:13 AM 560 views

Dear All

When I was working with Chart of Accounts in Odoo Version 9, I see there is only list of it and not the hierarchical tree view as found in older version.

It was very useful when we are using multi-company.

Is there anyway to bring the hierarchical view in version 9 or any additional modules available.

Also, I see the internal type is made invisible.  In that case how to set the view account?

could anybody help in this regards

Thanks in advance

- Ganesh

Hi Nicolos

Thanks you so much for letting me know.  Also I do have few more question.

Any idea how to bring the period concept like in ODOO 8.  because we cannot live with it.

Thanks in Advance

Ganesh Moorthy

on 4/25/16, 7:20 AM

Thank you Ray Carnes

Will try-out and get back if any further question araise

Ganesh Moorthy

on 4/25/16, 9:06 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/26/16, 8:47 AM

With custom reports, you can show the Chart any way you want - with parent 'lines' instead of parent accounts.

Nicholas DeMarco
On 4/19/16, 7:43 AM

EDIT: Ray Carnes' comment on this answer points out v9 custom charting tool as a solution to display custom information like this. Expect a bit of a familiarization curve. Thanks, Ray.

In v9, Odoo have removed the Chart of Accounts - View Account parent-to-child structure. Although the change is widely documented, I have not yet found a reasonable description of Odoo's suggested alternative to a hierarchical chart of accounts. 

Some links to help you along:

A reasonable starting point with many more links in the discussion

Odoo Community Association thread

Odoo v9 accounting gaps analysis from Odoo Community Association

Odoo list of v9 accounting benefits

Please mark my response as the answer if you feel it is appropriate.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/23/16, 4:13 AM
Seen: 560 times
Last updated: 4/26/16, 8:47 AM