Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Hide Projects from users not assigned to it?

on 6/13/14, 5:57 AM 1,104 views

How to hide projects for users who are not assigend to the project??

No need to write any code you can simple set the visibility of the project format he project settings look at http://awesomescreenshot.com/0aa32ry9c0

Mantavya Gajjar (mga)
on 7/1/14, 3:13 PM

René Schuster

--René Schuster--
| 5 5 8
Weinheim, Germany
--René Schuster--

Challenge Everything!

René Schuster
On 6/13/14, 6:05 AM

I have added a record rule for project to achieve this.

Apply for Read: True
Domain: [('members','=',user.id)]

on 6/18/14, 6:37 AM

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 7/1/14, 4:04 PM

Even simpler: just set the Project Visibility to "Followers" and invite to follow the project the users you want.

on 7/1/14, 10:44 PM

Thanks, works fine. But i think it would be better if a user, who was added in the team tab, should be a project member. I like the approach of jira, do have different project rules for different projects. The current management of projects rights is really crap and simple as well. :-) 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 6/13/14, 5:57 AM
Seen: 1104 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM