This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Is there a way to hide menu items for all users (admins too) without using access rights? For example I want to disable Sales Orders in Sales and enable them afterwards, but i still want to use other functions of that module.

Any help is appreciated.

Discard

Nice solution by 'Emipro Technologies', but I more prefer the one posted by 'Andre de Kock', pls convert it to an answer

Best Answer

Yes this is possible. 

You can hide any menu by following way.

1. Create a group like "Usability/Thrash". Don't add any user into it. ( Not admin too )

2. Add that menu which you don't want to show to anybody into that group. ( "Usability/Thrash" )

By doing so, that menu will not be visible under "Sales" to anybody. 

Note : 

1. Here, it is not necessary to create new group. You can use any of current groups but take care that no body shall be inside that group. ( Because you don't want to show that menu to anyone. )

2. By adding just group to that menu, it doesn't means that Sales order will completely hidden. Just that menu will be removed from menu list. However where there is M2O of sale.order, Orders will be still visible on that field. In order to remove order from there too, you need to manage access rights and record rules.

I Hope this helps ,

Discard
Author

Thank you.

how can I achieve this in xml?

@Tobias, do you mean by how you hide menu through xml ?

yes, how to hide a menuitem based on the users group with xml

Best Answer

An alternative is to use the "base.group_no_one" (Technical Features) group, because most likely only the admin user will be in this group.

Discard