Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I am using openERP 7.0. This is my first time to use openerp. Previously I only use XLS as my tool for managing accounting.
I have 2 bank accounts for my business. I already created 2 bank accounts. But I dont know how to ;
1. Setup those 2 bank accounts as my incoming and expense account
2. Setup the initial balance of those 2 bank accounts
3. If there is customer buy my products, how to make a transaction that will be involving one of my bank accounts. Because to buy my products, my customer should transfer the money to one of my bank account.
I really appreciate for the help.
1. Banks are both income and expense accounts, in the journal you can selectet it to be the "Type = Bank". I suggest that you make a diffrent journal if you got multiple bank accounts.
2. In the Bank statement your starting balance will be 0, the ending balance will be 100. (example if there is 100EU in your bank). That 100EU will be a debet line in that statement, against a credit line in a balance account. Reconcile those and close the statment in Odoo 8 or book the bankstatement in Odoo 7.
3. When a customer pays you or you pay a supplier, you just book a line on the bank statement as you did for step 2. Wich you can book on a debit account or credit account. You can then select the invoice wich it will reconcile against. (Without any modules, you will need to fill in those lines manually)
Hope you got enough information, if something is not clear or seems incorrect just contact me or reply to this message.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 10/12/14, 5:21 AM|
|Seen: 2024 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|