This question has been flagged

Hello,

I am trying to add the Google Analytics Dashboard to my website. I've done all the steps (I think), but then I get this message:

Google Analytics initialization failed. Maybe this domain is not whitelisted in your Google Analytics project for this client ID.

And when I click Edit, then Save I get this message:

You need to log in to your Google Account before:

What am I missing? And how would I login to my Google Account (on Odoo?)?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Google Analytics API requires you to be logged into Google Analytics on the browser you are currently using to view your Analytics.  I find that this raises some serious security questions; WHY do you need to be logged in at all if you can present credentials?

Scenario:  Using Firefox to browse your Odoo Analytics - you get the error that you need to login first.

Failed Solution:  Completely quit Firefox and restart - you are not asked for Google credentials

Solution:  Use a different browser (I used Brave Browser).  Now when you use Google Analytics in Odoo, it asks you to login.

It seems that many browsers are "too helpful" and try to retain too much information.  When "the magic fails", you are left stuck like this.

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem here .... anyone can help?

thanks a lot

Discard
Best Answer

Hi - has anyone figured this out?

Discard
Best Answer

Has anyone raised a question about it to Odoo Support and perhaps solved this question yet? 

Discard
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Could anyone help on this?

Discard
Best Answer

I am using Cloudflare on one of my accounts and it seems to have this issue.  So I am assuming something in the way things are handed off there.  I am looking for a workaround 

I checked one of my sites that has Cloudflare on it and my analytics is coming through on that one.  The odoo instance that is not working is running on my local server and using Nginx proxy to route several servers in that data rack.  The one where it is working is being hosted at host4geeks.com although it is not loading in the site the analytic account is gathering details and data.  I think it is a problem in the odoo install that is not loading the information.hmmm

Discard